1.1 We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
2. Collecting personal information
2.1 We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website. Including [your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications. Including your name and email address.
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website.
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website.
- Any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
2.2 Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
3. Using personal information
3.1 Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
3.2 We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and business.
- Personalise our website for you.
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications.
- Send you email that you have specifically requested.
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter.
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think might be of interest to you, by email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website.
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud.
3.3 We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
4. Disclosing personal information
4.1 We may disclose your personal information to [any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors] insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
4.2 We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. Including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk.
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
4.3 Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
5. Retaining personal information
5.1 This section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
5.2 Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
5.3 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 5, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
6. Security of personal information
6.1 We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
6.2 We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
6.3 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
7.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
7.2 You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
8. Your rights
8.1 You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
8.2 In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
9. Third party websites
9.1 Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
9.2 We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
10. Updating information
10.1 Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
11. Our details
11.1 This website is owned and operated by Excelpoint Limited.
11.2 You can contact us:
- By post, using the postal address Excelpoint Limited, The Work Place, Heighington Lane, Aycliffe Business Park, Newton Aycliffe, County Durham, United Kingdom, DL5 6AH.
- Using our website contact form.
- By telephone, using the phone number (+44) 01325 375930.
- By email, using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.